3/10/11

Pavel Kubina Suspended

The NHL has issued a statement that Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Pavel Kubina has been suspended for 3 games after elbowing Chicago's Dave Bolland in the head.



Kubina will forfeit close to $61,000 in salary.  He will be eligible to return March 17th vs. Montreal.

This hit comes just 2 days after the Zdeno Chara-Max Pacioretty incident.  To me, I think it is ridiculous that Chara doesn't get any kind of suspension seeing he put Pacioretty in the hospital and Kubina gets 3 games for an elbow that doesn't even get called as a penalty.  Now don't get me wrong, I think Kubina should be suspended, I just also feel like Chara should have been disciplined as well.

You can see the Zdeno Chara hit here.

10 comments:

  1. If by "too strict" you mean way too short, then yeah, I agree, Ed, and if by "a boss" you mean a criminal and a coward, then I agree with you too, Isaac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think maybe he should be suspended as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked painful....

    +followed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, sometimes in life you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i actually think its a little too harsh but thats just my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fine is just the amount of money that Kubina would have made in salary over those three games, so really it's not all that bad. That money goes to David Bolland's emergency assistance fund.

    ReplyDelete